Juvenile Unit for Specialized Treatment (JUST)
29841 Liberty Wilderness Road
at Highway 65 South
32, Ages 13-17
Twin Oaks Juvenile Development, Inc.
JUST (Juvenile Unit for Specialized Treatment) is a moderate risk, non-secure residential mental health treatment facility for males between the ages of 13 and 17. The program is located in the heart of the Apalachicola National Forest that spans 560,000 acres. Youth live, learn, and work in an environment that provides them the opportunity to be creative and develop many basic skills that could not be learned in other environments.
The program provides a comprehensive multi-service delivery system of residential treatment and a full continuum of care with emphasis on outdoor work projects, physical exercise and experiential learning. The program provides comprehensive mental health evaluation, treatment, substance abuse, medical monitoring, crisis intervention and health services. Youth must have a DSM IV diagnosis, GAF below 60 and IQ above 70. The program provides clothing. The average length of stay is from 9 to 12 months.
The JUST program is a Type 3 program offering English, Math, Science, Social Studies, and one elective course. The elective course is typically used to provide additional reading assistance to needy students or vocational training. Vocational opportunities include: Welding and Building Construction.
Education and vocational services are provided through the Liberty County School District.
- From Tallahassee, take Highway 20 west to Hosford. Turn left at the first traffic light onto Highway 65.
- Continue south on Highway 65 for approximately 17.5 miles.
- There will be a sign on the right indicating entrance into the camp. Turn right onto Liberty Wilderness Road.
- From Tallahassee, travel Interstate-10 west to exit 181 (Highway 267).
- Turn left (south) onto Highway 267 and continue approximately 35 miles.
- The road ends at Highway 20.
- Turn right (west) onto Highway 20 and continue for approximately 17 miles to Highway 65.
- Turn left onto Highway 65 (south) and continue south for 17.5 miles.
- There will be a sign on the right indicating the entrance into the camp. Turn right onto Liberty Wilderness Road.