Welcome to the new DJJ Website!
Find out how to use the new site.

Central Communications Center (CCC)

  • Q: What is the purpose of the Central Communications Center (CCC)?
    A: The purpose of the CCC is to provide a service to the Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ), and department provider facilities, programs funded in whole or part, offices and sites operated by the department, and providers or grantees in maintaining a safe and secure environment for the treatment, care and provision of youths under its jurisdiction. The CCC operates 7 days a week (including holidays) in a user-friendly manner, with an emphasis on assisting DJJ, provider, and grant staff in the relay of information related to care, safety, and humane treatment of all youths served by DJJ, providers, or grantees.
  • Q: What is the CCC Hotline telephone number?
    A: 1-800-355-2280
  • Q: What type of incidents can be reported to the CCC?
    A: The following types of incidents are reportable to the CCC per F.A.C. 63F-11:

    • Program Disruption
    • Escapes/Absconds
    • Medical Incidents
    • Mental Health & Substance Abuse
    • Complaints Against Staff
    • Youth Behavior
    • Protective Action Response (PAR) related incidents
  • Q: Who can call the CCC?
    A: Anyone can call the CCC to report an incident or make a complaint as long as the information being relayed falls under the CCC Rule’s criteria for a reportable incident (F.A.C. 63F-11.004).
  • Q: What information should I have available when reporting an incident?
    A: The caller should have as much of the following information available as possible when reporting an incident:

    • Program name/code
    • Name of victim(s)/subject(s)
    • Place of occurrence 
    • Name of reporting person
    • Known information about the incident
    • Date/time of the incident
    • Was the parent/guardian was notified?
    • Is video coverage is available?
    • Are witnesses available?
    • Was an internal investigation initiated?
    • Was PAR restraint involved?
    • What was the staff to youth ratio?

    An Incident Complaint Form-CCC can be used to assist the reporter in collecting the needed information.

  • Q: What happens after a report is filed with the CCC?
    A: Complaints accepted by the CCC will be assigned an incident number by a CCC Duty Officer. It is recommended you keep this number for future reference and refer to it when calling to report additional information or when checking on the status of the report. The report will then be sent to the appropriate branch and appropriate action will be taken.
  • Q: Can a report be filed anonymously?
    A: Yes; if you wish to remain anonymous, simply let the Duty Officer know when making the report and provide as much information as possible. However, please keep in mind anonymous reports are more difficult to act upon since there is no way to obtain additional information from the reporting person.
  • Q: How can I find out the results of an investigation regarding the complaint I filed?
    A: To check on the status of the report you filed, call the CCC and give the Duty Officer the incident number assigned when the report was made. He/she will provide you with the name of a contact person from the appropriate branch who can provide you with details involving the incident.
  • Q: Will I be contacted regarding the complaint I filed?
    A: Yes, someone from the appropriate program area will contact you when the investigation of the report you filed is completed and provide you with the results.
  • Q: How many complaints can be filed with the CCC regarding an individual?
    A: There is no limit to the number of complaints that can be filed against an individual; however, the incidents reported must be different in content and context.
  • Q: Who should I contact when my child is out of control and keeps running away?
    A: You should contact the Office of Prevention and Victim Services. They can be reached at (850) 921-4172.
  • Q: Who should I contact if I suspect a child I know who is NOT under DJJ supervision is being abused?
    A: You can report your concerns to the Department of Children and Families Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-96-ABUSE (22873).